Adult Swimming Lessons
Adult Swimming Lessons in Guildford and Godalming
Fully qualified Swim Smooth swimming instructor giving practical and straightforward steps to help improve your swimming.
About Swim Smooth
Swim Smooth don’t believe stroke correction should involve visiting a coach for 6, 8 or 10 sessions. The Swim Smooth process is of such highly quality and so focused on your individual needs that a single session with a follow up 4-8 weeks later is enough to transform your swimming. How do we do this?
– Firstly we use real swimming pools, not endless pools which are very turbulent and buffet you as you swim. A real pool environment means we can correct your stroke much more quickly and accurately.- Then we film you using an extremely high quality HD camera from above and below the water from the side, in front, overhead and any other angle required. The camera angles are not fixed so if we need a close-up of a particular area of your stroke we will easily shoot it.
– We then get you out of the water to look through your footage on the computer. This whole analysis is recorded for you on a USB card– including all your raw footage, our assessment of it, comparison with elite swimmers and key animations. This process takes around thirty minutes and we can’t expect you to remember every detail so the recording (including our voices and conversation) is perfect for you to watch back as often as you like in the comfort of your own home.
– During the analysis we will dig into Swim Smooth’s unique tools, animations and elite video archive to really highlight how your own stroke compares in key areas for improvement. These visualisations of good stroke technique are so important, especially if you are a visual learner.
– After the analysis we will have you jump back in the water for the second half of your session: the stroke correction session. Using exactly what we saw on the computer this session is completely tailored to your individual needs as a swimmer. Swim Smooth are famous for their individual approach to stroke correction (‘coaching the swimmer not the stroke’) and this is another reason why our methods are so powerful (and fast!).
– The combination of you understanding your current swimming from the video analysis and using all of Swim Smooth’s coaching methods to correct and refine your stroke technique we will rapidly improve your speed, efficiency, relaxation and confidence in the water.
– But we’re not quite finished there! At the end of your session you will recieve a full 15-20 page training plan to take away with you, tailored to your individual needs as a swimmer. This includes reminders of all the drills you performed during your stroke correction session and also training sessions to follow specific to your individual needs. Everything you need to transform your swimming!
With such a process, we would recommend that you would only need 1 follow up session 8 – 12 weeks after your initial consultation.
SWIM SMOOTH 1-2-1 VIDEO LESSONS
As a fully trained Swim Smooth coach and I can help you get out of the swimming 'plateau' you might be stuck in. The process of video analysis is aimed at all levels of freestyle swimmers, whether you're looking to perfect your swimming stroke or wanting to identify aspects of your stroke that are holding you back.
Sign up for 1-2-1 video analysis and see how you swim, what you are doing right, what you are doing wrong, and exactly how to improve your stroke using all of Swim Smooth’s technical methods.
Swim smooth 1-2-1 Swimming Lessons
As a beginner you face many challenges in learning to swim including getting used to the water, learning the actions, learning how to breath and possibly overcoming the fear of the water. This is all normal and do not worry! Build your confidence in the confines of a private pool with a fully qualified Swim Smooth Coach and swimming instructor, who can progress you through swimming at a level that suits you.
You can already swim but would like to be able to swim for fun or fitness, or would like to improve your technique. I can provide a programme that suits you, giving you helpful tips, advice and practices you can do in your time.
If you can swim a sub 6 minute for 400m you are advanced. Quite likely you might have a swimming background or have been working hard on your swimming. There is still room to improve and swim faster! I can carry out a 121 video analysis and stroke correction session. This would include being filmed above and below the water in various angles. The video footage will then be fully analysed. You will be given extensive feedback, advice and methods and drills to help you improve.