Swim Smooth Coach, British Triathlon Level 3 coach,
GV3 Kids Specialist Sports Camps, and Personal Trainer Level 3
Guildford and Godalming.
England Lacrosse, GBR Triathlete & Gladiators!
My life has always involved lots of sports and activities, which led from a love for sport started from a young age. I have competed in many sports throughout school, university and working life.
I am extremely self-motivated and enthusiastic and I work to very high standards and will always ensure a great and friendly service. I am committed, energetic and love what I do.
- I studied Teaching with Music and Sport at The University of Warwick and have taught in a primary schools and secondary schools for 15 years.
- I trained as a Personal Trainer up to Level 3 in 2002.
- I have taught a variety of fitness classes on a regular basis including; Circuits, Kick Aerobics (Khae-bo), Spinning, Swimming and also 1-to-1 and group personal training.
- I hold a YMCA level 3 Personal Training Certificate. My qualifications also include;
- Antenatal & Postnatal Exercise
- Crossfit Level 1
- Kick Aerobics
- Nutrition & Weight Management
- Training in different environments
- Sports Conditioning
- Swimming Teaching; ASA and Austswim (Australia)
- British Triathlon level 3 coach
- Certified Swim Smooth Instructor
I am fully insured (up to £5 million) and hold an up to date first aid certificate. I am also registered on the National Register of Personal Trainers.
Lacrosse is a passion of mine. I have played at County, Regional level and International Level. I represented England at U18, U21 and was in the senior England Squad for 10 years.
Gladiators was one of my favourite shows when I was growing up. I always wanted to have a go on ‘Hang Tough’ and run the ‘Eliminator’. In February 2008, I was selected to audition for Gladiators in Newcastle. I was successful from the starting application of 80 000 people. I appeared in Series One on Sky One. It was an amazing experience and I reached the Semi-finals.
I started doing triathlons in the off season for lacrosse to help maintain my fitness for England Lacrosse. I love the variety of the training and the challenge of competing in three different sports in one race. I have competed in a variety of Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons, gaining good positions in many. Click here to see results
Thankfully we are all different and we all want to achieve different things. This means that there is no magic formula and what works for one, will not work for another. If you are interested in triathlon coaching or would like your children to attend one of my kids triathlon camps please see info or contact me.
Action for A-T raises money for medical research to find a cure or medical advancement that will enable children who suffer with Ataxia-Telangiectasia (A-T) to live a longer and healthier life.
I met a young girl called Evie who was 5 years old and her lovely family whilst coaching swimming. Evie had recently been diagnosed with A-T, a rare and little known neurological condition. Since then, I have wanted to help raise awareness and fundraise for this charity.
I have raised money for Action for AT on numerous occasions over the years either through events I run for children, or in events which I do myself.
If you have any queries or require any additional information, please get in touch.